Friday, December 11, 2009

Week 1: It's Coming Back

Great class tonight. Started with wooden swords alone, then defended against them. Very interesting, especially when we did the same techinques without the swords. You could really see that the techniques came from the original sword play. Nothing new to seasoned akidokas, to be sure, but for this newbie it was eye-opening.

The rest of the class flowed like water. I'm still all thumbs with technique, but I must have learned something during my previous newbie training,  because I had no sore spots tonight and no trouble taking falls.

But I'm not kidding myself. This is only my first week back. It's the honeymoon period. Still, I'm surprised this class went so much better than the first one. Maybe it was the selection of techniques that suited me better. Maybe I have more muscle memory than I'd realized. I can't say. One thing is sure, aikido feels natural. It feels like coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment